Thursday, August 19, 2010

Los Angeles Autorama AKA Motorama Returns to the Shrine Auditorium! 2012

So I got a call from the Shrine Auditorium and Convention Center to come up and do a venue walk through last week on Thursday. They wanted me to see the venue and discuss any projects I might have that could be held at the facility.

About 2/3rds through the meeting it hits me that this is where the 1950 Motorama was held. I just had recently learned of the event through an ad that is in 1950 November issue of Hot Rod that I just picked up at the LA Roadster show swap meet this past June (attached).

So I went ahead and secured dates for the launch of the Spring time- Los Angeles Autorama -at the Shrine March 2012. Exact date will be released at the Long Beach Motorama.

Because of the size of the venue we will be going with the Autorama title and keep it to Hot Rods and Kustoms only at the Shrine, leaving the LB Motorama to represent all forms of transportation that has a engine. There will be an outdoor area as part of the Autorama for people to have their cars viewed under the Spring Time sun of Southern California as well.

Stay tuned





No comments:

Post a Comment